Most disadvantaged children in Sri Lanka are helped to come out of their poverty trap and achieve their full potential in life.
To bring positive changes to the most disadvantaged children in Sri Lanka by channeling resources provided by the people of Australia.
- To work with the Charitable Organisations in Sri Lanka, and together implement a child or youth sponsorship program.
- To facilitate Australian people, especially of Sri Lankan origin, to sponsor a child in Sri Lanka and to assist to create a bond with the sponsored child or youth.
- To identify child or youth who are in most need in collaboration with the Charitable Organisations in Sri Lanka.
- To be accountable to Members by providing feedback on the progress made by their sponsored child or youth and a quarterly account of the disbursement of funds received.
- To work with the Charitable Organisations in Sri Lanka to implement special projects to enhance the life of the children under their care.
Why Mahalir Illam?
Mahalir Illam is a Charity set up in the state of New South Wales in Australia by a small group of dedicated service minded individuals to specifically address the welfare needs of orphaned girls in Sri Lanka by collaborating with the grassroots Charitable Organisations in that country.
- Our committee consists of a group of individuals with a wide range of professional backgrounds, who are willing to serve the Charity and guide its direction for the future.
- We work collaboratively and effectively to utilize the sponsorship contribution and other donations received into Mahalir Illam to fund small projects benefiting all sponsored children within a short time frame.
- We understand the importance of working towards our objectives, our goal is to create and seize upon opportunities to improve living standards and make a difference.
- We provide regular information and updates to our members regarding the child sponsorship program and progress on projects undertaken by Mahalir Illam.
- We encourage child sponsors to establish a link with the s the child through letters and sponsor visits.
- We are committed to accountability and adhere to standards. We are committed to working hard to keep the management fees at a nil cost.
- Our committee consists of a devoted and committed team of five volunteers.
|Shaini Sivagnanm||Assistant Treasurer|
|Anandar Srignanaguru||Project Coordinator|
|Dr Sam Gnanasampanthan||Program Coordinator: E - Education & Editor|
|Dushjanti Pitchumani||Project Coordinator|
|Sutha Thiru||Web Designer/Manager & IT Manager|
|Rajesh Valoth||IT Support|